The IPAA/PESA Energy Education Center has several yearly fundraisers that we rely on to continue growing the middle school and high school programs. A great way to show your support is by attending, or encouraging your employees, to attend these yearly events. Click on the name of the event below to learn more and register.
- Wildcatters’ Sporting Clays – September 19, 2019 – This event features door prizes, team prizes and great networking opportunities. Teams are initially sold to sponsors then will open to individuals, should any remaining slots remain.
- Wildcatters’ Ball – February 7, 2020 – This annual, black tie event features a guest speaker, superb cuisine, a captivating silent auction, and opportunities to renew old friendships and make new acquaintances all while enjoying a live band. Buy a table and bring your coworkers and/or clients for a night of good food, wine and fun.
- Oil & Gas Overview Course – Various Dates – This course is hosted by NAPE semi-annually during their shows. It qualifies for CPE, CPD, and AAPL recertifcation credits. The course has an upstream focus with some midstream information and thoroughly covers: industry structure, petroleum geology and exploration, mineral rights and leasing, drilling and completion, and development and production operations.
- Oil & Gas Orientation – Various Dates – This course is held at the Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS) and gives attendees a hands-on learning experience. This course is similar to our overview courses but does not cover each topic as in-depth as some time is spent in the museum’s exhibits. It is great for newcomers (of all ages) to the industry and qualifies for CPE and TEA credits.
- In-House Trainings – You Choose – If you can’t find a training that meets your exact needs or don’t have time to send multiple people to multiple trainings, we can customize a course to meet your company’s needs. For more information, contact Nikki.
- eLearing Courses – Online – we currently offer two courses online. 1) Petroleum Geology for Non-Geologists and 2) U.S. Mineral Rights and Leasing. They are media-rich and information packed. Upon completion AAPL members receive 10 recertification credits.
- General Donations – We are always accepting donations. If you’d like to make a general donation, email Anne. If your company participates in an employee match program, please consider filling out the necessary paperwork for that as it makes your contribution go that much farther.